Disorders of the bones:
- Fracture: A break in the bone caused due to stress or high impact.
- Jones Fracture: Fracture of the fifth metatarsal of the foot.
- Dupuytren fracture: It is also known as Pott’s fracture. The term is used to indicate a variety of ankle fractures.
- Osteomyelitis: An infection of the bone or the bone marrow caused by phylogenetic bacteria or mycobacteria.
Disorders of the nerves:
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome: A very painful condition in which the tibial nerve is impinged and compressed as it travels through the tarsal tunnel. it is also called posterior tibial neuralgia.
- Neuroma: this refers to the nerve tumours.
- Metatarsalgia: It is commonly called stone bruise and refers to any painful condition affecting the metatarsal region of the foot.
- Nerve entrapment: Nerves get compressed and entraped leading to pain and loss of sense etc.
- Pes cavus: It means cavus foot and it causes the foot to arch caused due to fixed plantor fixon.
- Club foot: It is a birth dfect giving the appearance of walking on ankles.
- Polydactyly: a genetic defect which causes an increase in number of toes or fingers.
Specific manifestations of systemic disease:
- Diabetic foot: It is a term which refers to a group of foot related problems of pople suffering fromdiabetes mellitus.
- Rheumatoid foot : Problems in which the inflamation of the ankles occur.
- Neuropathy: disorders of he nerves of the peripheral nervous system.