Heel pain is a nightmare to most of the people nowadays. Especially to those who walk a lot and all. The case is similar as fever, many types of heel pain are present around us. Different types of heel pain and also they will be having entirely with different treatment. Thorough understanding the of the type and treating appropriately is really important for effective cure. Most of us ignore the initial symptoms and keep on working. This can be trouble at a later stage. It’s best to get medical help as soon as possible.
Lets take a quick glance over the types.
They are Heel Spur, Plantar Fasciitis, Stress Fractures, Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, Posterior Heel Pain…
Types Of Heel Pain
- Heel Spur – Found most commonly in patients who have Plantar Fasciitis since long. We can say that Heel Spur or Heel Spur Syndrome is an extended form of Plantar Fasciitis itself.
- Plantar Fasciitis – The most common condition which causes pain to your heels. Caused by common irritation and inflammation of arch of the foot. This tends to occur in people with diabetes, those who are having obesity, pregnant women, athletes, volleyball players, tennis players and people who participate in step aerobics or stair climbing. It can be also triggered by pushing a large appliance or piece of furniture or by wearing worn out or poorly constructed shoes. Long distance runners are most likely for becoming victims of this condition. People with flat feet have a higher risk of developing plantar fasciitis.
- Stress Fractures – This one is an uncommon kind of heel pain. Should be considered especially in athletes such as long distance runners who have heel pain from beginning.
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome – This causes a large nerve in the back of the foot to become entrapped, or pinched.
- Posterior Heel Pain – This type causes symptoms behind the foot not underneath. The causes include Achilles tendonitis and retro calcaneal bursitis.